Dealing with Toxic Parents | Kati Morton
Every Tuesday & Friday I post a journal prompt to help keep you motivated and working on yourself!
JOIN NOW: https://www.youtube.com/katimorton/join Order my book today!
ARE U OK? http://geni.us/sva4iUY
How to deal with toxic parents?
1. Get into therapy. Having a place to vent and talk about all we are going through and even gain some perspective. It can help us so much because the relationship we have in therapy can be so healing.
Bad therapist video: https://youtu.be/KLNWzFHIxus
Good therapist video: https://youtu.be/H6WaMQ7q0EE
2. Set and uphold boundaries. Do this and also keep yourself safe. I want to make sure you are safe in your home until you have somewhere else to move to. This could just mean staying in your room or out of the house as much as possible
3. Save your money – find a way to get out asap. This could even be staying with a friend or another family member (remember this is all to keep you safe and help you thrive and grow)
4. Figure out what YOU want from the relationship. Maybe write a letter you never send. Consider what you need from them and then compare that to what they are able to give in a safe and loving way. This can be really hard, but take your time and really think about it
5. Have other support. Other family members, friends, support groups (if the toxic parent is also a drug addict or alcoholic, there is Al-Anon and Alateen for free group support. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDs0tNoNYTz1P3dO8m5Wdv0WE2lPTQSJmTry BetterHelp: http://tryonlinetherapy.com/katimorton
Plans start at $35 a week (billed monthly). Must be 18+ to sign up.Please help transcribe and/or translate this video! http://www.youtube.com/timedtext_cs_panel?tab=2&c=UCzBYOHyEEzlkRdDOSobbpvwPATREON
Do you want to help support the creation of mental health videos? https://www.katimorton.com/kati-morton-patreon/
Please visit the Itunes Bookstore and Search “Kati Morton”. My Ibooks include exclusive videos and worksheets to help you on your path to wellness.I’m Kati Morton, a licensed therapist making Mental Health videos!CONTACT
Business email: email@example.com MAIL
PO Box #665
1223 Wilshire Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90403 —————————————————————————————————————-****PLEASE READ****
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.——————————————BIG THANK YOU to my Patreon Patrons! Without you, I couldn’t keep creating videos. xoxo https://www.patreon.com/katimorton———————————————————I’m Kati Morton, a licensed therapist making Mental Health videos – Depression, Eating Disorders, Anxiety, Self-Harm and more! Mental health shouldn’t have a stigma attached to it. You’re worth the fight! ————————————————————————————
—————————————————————————————————————-Business email: firstname.lastname@example.org —————————————————————————————————————-SENDING KATI STUFF
1223 Wilshire Blvd. #665
Santa Monica, CA 90403—————————————————————————————————————-HELP! SUBTITLE VIDEOS http://goo.gl/OZOQXi Subtitle videos if you know English or any other languages! You can help people who are either hearing impaired or non native English speaking. By doing this, you are helping others and strengthening our community.—————————————————————————————————————-MY FREE WORKBOOKS
Easy to follow at home workbooks for your mental health….Self-Harm workbook
http://goo.gl/N7LtwUEating Disorder workbook
Wondering if I have answered a question like yours?Search for it here:
http://goo.gl/1ECSlOHelp us caption & translate this video!http://amara.org/v/72H3/ ****PLEASE READ****
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.
Help us caption & translate this video!