While alcohol can have a very temporary positive impact on our mood, in the long term it can cause big problems for our mental health. It’s linked to a range of issues from depression and memory loss to suicide.
Here are some quick facts about alcohol and mental illness:
1. Alcohol alters your brain chemistry
2. Alcohol can actually increase anxiety and stress rather than reduce it
3. Alcohol and depression go hand in hand in a vicious cycle
4. Alcohol is linked to suicide, self-harm, and psychosis
5. Alcohol can damage your memory
Thanks for watching!
📆 Book a consult: https://prestigebehavioralhealth.com/consult/
👍Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/PrestigeBehavioralHealth/
💻 LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/2960725/
🌎 Website – https://prestigebehavioralhealth.com/
📧 Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Always drink in moderation and know your limits to protect your health.